Updated Underwriting Guidelines
The carrier updated COVID-19 underwriting guidelines and reinstated the Fit underwriting program. These guidelines apply to all fully underwritten life insurance cases and includes all newly submitted and pending in house cases, whether formal or informal.
Acceptance Guidelines Based on Insured’s Issue Age
- Applications now accepted for client’s through age 79 and up to table 6
- If the client is age 80 and above, all cases will be temporarily postponed
Fit Underwriting Program
- The Fit Underwriting Program is now available for individuals through age 75 and up to table 4
Positive COVID testing
- If the applicant has tested positive for COVID-19 at the time of the application, Mutual of Omaha (MOO) will postpone the application for 30 days.
- After 30 days if there are no further symptoms, MOO will process the application as normal and there will no need for a negative COVID-19 test
- If the applicant is hospitalized, MOO will postpone the application for a minimum of 90 days plus the symptoms must be resolved with no further care or residual effects
- Applicants with a history of COVID-19 will be required to provide a Statement of Good Health upon delivery; otherwise, the carrier will return to their pre-COVID guidance for State of Good Health
- If the client admits to a positive COVID test, the carrier will postpone the case for 30 days in lieu of the previous temporary guideline of 90 days.